Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Getting by with the Vocabulary of a Two Year Old (part 2)

We got museum passes today. Not for individual museums, but a 72 hour pass for every museum in Madrid.

Legs are still a little sore from yesterday's debacle trying to get to Toledo, but I decided to go to two art museums today.

On good advice, I went to the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum first. It was great advice because the place wasn't overpowering with a bunch of paintings with no description for people who have no idea about art or art history. It is set up chronologically and was a lovely time.

After that I went to Spain's National Art Museum, the Prado. Overpowering. Portrait after portrait of dead guy (pardon the lack of respect, but eventually you stop paying attention to painted faces).

Saw the paintings that I needed to and went to the restroom before I decided to leave. While I was in the stall, two high pitched voices started to yell into the bathroom. Thinking it was a couple of boys, I didn't pay them too much mind.

As I left the stall, I startled the two cleaning ladies, as well as myself. They started talking to me, scolding me with a finger, and seemed pretty upset to be in the bathroom while I was occupying it, but I thought they were kids...not that I knew how to tell them that.

I just said "pardone" and left after washing my hands. Oops.

3 comments:

Al said...

what else can you do?! :)

Anonymous said...

i remember when you always used that excuse when i was in the bathroom and we were roomates.

Justin March said...

oh you don't want to go there, buddy...

Not counting Lay-overs.