Sunday, February 24, 2008

El Rastro De Madrid and More Cowbell!!!

Heard about a massive street market called El Rastro (the trail) so a couple of us went to check out this morning...


Great stuff...Great prices. A great time!

...but the big find of the day couldn't be bought. As we got to the southern end of the market we started to hear drum beats...this is usually where I wish I was alone, because I don't want to drag people anywhere they aren't interested in, but we went to see what was making all the racket anyways...and we were all glad we did. The coolest street music I have ever seen.









After the first segment, the whole group paused and grabbed a bunch of cowbells.


I guess they had a fever, and the only prescription...was more cowbell.


Nice to see someone smile while they play music...something that doesn't happen enough, I figure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are staying safe and having a good time. I would have loved to hear that street music!!!! That would have been cool outside our bar in Hawaii...witht he hot dogs at 3 im the morning.haha!

Not counting Lay-overs.