Saturday, March 8, 2008

*The Wife(ish) vs. O’Reilly (Part 1)*

05Mar08

Alright…France has a reputation – we all know that, but with the war and their abstinence, certain bloviators in the United States tend to cast a horrible light on the whole culture and country.

I am not one to listen to anyone speaking the equivalent of hate-speak, but at the same time, I like to form my own opinions. Paris is one of my wife(ish)’s favorite places on Earth, so she has a definite opinion about France and while I love her, I feel the need to reserve making any decisions about anything until I find out for myself.

So I am starting a running tally here…stereotypes vs. realizations, bad experiences vs. good experiences…the wife(ish) vs. Bill O’Reilly. (IT’S ON!!!)

So here we go.

Getting on the second of four trains to get from Madrid to Frankfurt, Andy and I ended up in the wrong sleeper car. A group of drunk French guys came in, and while they didn’t speak the same language as us, they were very gracious in trying to let us know that we were in the place.

Wife(ish): 1

On the train ride into Paris, out of nowhere this stench of the WORST perfume I have ever smelled came wafting through the compartment.

O’Reilly: 1

So there we go…1 to 1. PLACE YOUR BETS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

unfounded and irrational as this may sound I'm putting my money on oreilly. (never did i picture myself saying that.) My apologies to Ms. Allison!

Al said...

ooo, tommy, bring it! :D

Not counting Lay-overs.