Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Back on the Road/Track/Gondola.


It's been a wonderfully quiet two days. Even with the spots of bad weather I have loved my time here. Thanks go out again to Becky Hart for the recommendation.

The saying is, "If heaven ain't all it's cracked up to be...send me back to Gimmelwald."

Well I don't know about all that, but I can definitely say, that if heaven is like I'm assuming it's going to be, then I'll be having my summer vacations in Gimmelwald.



My stay has been very nice...and surprisingly affordable. Off season prices at this hotel are very affordable. Only thing is that the guy who runs the place, Walter...well, I kinda felt bad being served by him for the two dinners. He's getting pretty up there in years. Oh well, I'm sure I wasn't that much of a bother to him.

Next up is Verona, Italy. Another language, another new place, another culture...I love this trip, but a part of me is starting to get tired and ready for home. Just a few stops to do along the way...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Europe makes Asia look like a dump. Maybe I just saw all the wrong parts....

Mom March said...

Incredible scenery and photos! Looks like photography in National Geographic.

Not counting Lay-overs.