Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Black Forest


Been in Frieburg for a couple days now, and it's a wonderful place, but it has taken some getting used to...being this far away from a major city-center. Especially trying to maintain this blog and my podcasts (my main source of news). It kind of bothers me how I've become this dependent upon the internet.

It's been wonderful though...the hostel is right on the egde of the Black Forest and there are so many trails that the change of pace has been welcome. I really dig it here.







3 comments:

Al said...

you look so happy, love :)

Anonymous said...

did you happen to see any black forest cake or perhaps black forest ham? Can you imagine fighting in that stuff in WWII?

Justin March said...

the Black Forest cake has entirely too much Scotch in it for me...and ham? This is Germany, dude, everything is pork and butter (num).

...and the town was completely destroyed in the war from a fire that spread from bombed gun emplacements in the hills.

Not counting Lay-overs.