Saturday, March 8, 2008

*Living with Tourism*

07Mar08

Been in Paris for a couple of days and the thing I have noticed so far is that there is no exact tourist district…the whole city is a tourist destination. This means that above all else, the people who live here also have to be face to face with out-of-towners on an almost constant basis.

I don’t know how you would feel about that, but it would get old to me VARY quickly. Perhaps this explains, or at least gives one facet for the Parisian stereotype of snooty attitudes.

In truth I find it amazing that the Parisian stereotype isn’t a punch in the face considering the complete lack of consideration that most tourists and visitors in any city have.

Wife(ish): 2

O’Rielly: 1






Notre Dame




Chartres...about an hour and a half outside Paris

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a HUNCH that you would be BACK in Paris. OF course NOTRE DAME would be one of your stops......Sorry I just can't help myself sometimes.

Al said...

man, that photo of the inside of notre dame is just exquisite. went to an organ concert there once. can die happy now. :D

Justin March said...

ONE of you is lovely...the OTHER is a dork...take a guess which is which.

Not counting Lay-overs.