Tuesday, March 11, 2008

*A Wet Day*

Paris has been looking a little like London should lately...it's rained every day we have been here.

So we took the soggy walk to the Picasso Museum, where I saw the a painting that he did that really resonated with me...unfortunately I kind find it online to show you all, but it was a man who was looking at a monument of some sort, in which he saw a woman...never thought I would be able to relate to Picasso, but that did it.

After that we went to the modern art museum...an interesting experience. Didn't really like everything, but I could definitely see what a lot of the people were going for...so that's something.

After that, I decided to walk over to Champs-Elysees (Shawn-zay-lee-zay). The road that leads up to the Arc de Triomphe, but before that I stopped for a piece of pizza and some coffee. Unfortunately, I got the whole cup spilled on me...but they felt so bad about it and apologized so much(not to mention giving me the meal for free) that I appreciated how bad they felt.

Wife(ish): +1

The view of (and from) the Arc de Triomphe was great.


The Arc de Triomphe








Someone's missing.

After all that, I was pretty spent, so I b-lined for the hostel to rest up a little bit. Had an interesting experience on the way though. Made eye-contact with some kid (18 or 19) and he kept on staring at me. As I walked by, he said, "Bush" and spat in my direction.

Didn't feel like telling him that I felt the same way...but on the same token, well:

O'Rielly: +1

I can't get mad at anyone for not liking a countries policies, but the guys political statement was completely wasted on me...

Wife(ish): 3
O'Rielly: 2

3 comments:

Al said...

what a sad, sad frowny face :( I'll see if your missing person is available for a trip to norway in mid-april... :D

Anonymous said...

oreilly isn't far behind......

Anonymous said...

Some days it is harder than you think it will be......isn't it? Atleast you aren't underway!!!

Not counting Lay-overs.