Monday, January 14, 2008

Packing.

"So I'm packing my bags for the Misty Mountains...where the spirits go, now. Over the hills where the spirits fly-ee-iye. Ooo-who-who-whoooo."
-Robert Plant (Led Zeppelin), Misty Mountain Hop

Going to the last shift of taxi driving that I will have to do until May in a few minutes. Finished up packing and mom and the wife are scheduled to be here tomorrow to help with the move. Internet disconnect scheduled for tomorrow as well.

Moving yet again...hope I can find a decent place to live when I get back. Don't really care for being in this state of transition, but I guess that's the nature of travel.

Hard to get my head out of the frame of mind that I'm not going on a naval underway: that there will be the constant ability for communication and that anything I need will be available on the trip. The Navy has instilled in me an innate desire to take everything I need with me, which makes the idea of back-packing fairly impossible.

Speaking of the navy, was going through some old pictures and came across these:

Last day on the boat (August, 2006).


Moored in Brisbane, Austrailia (July, 2005).


Newspaper article from Perth, Australia (April, 2003).

G'day.

No comments:

Not counting Lay-overs.